One of the marketing publications The most important part of the business is the Profile, also known as the competency profile. Making a company profile needs to stick to the brand personality and the message that the business wants to convey. Profile provides a visual look, representing the quality and personality of the brand. A quality Profile will bring a professional and sympathetic look from customers and partners to the brand. It also brings benefits in business relationships. Therefore, the capacity profile needs to be careful and thoughtful. Depending on the purpose and time of doing business, businesses will have different specialized profiles.
Table of Contents
What is a company profile (capacity profile)?
What is company profile?
Profile, or portfolio is a document that briefly introduces the company. At the same time, this is also one of the effective marketing tools for businesses. Profile shows professionalism, business lines, company size in an overview. Profile also introduces services, products, current status, outstanding advantages of the business to potential customers, partners, shareholders of the company, etc. Competence profiles usually range from 16-32 pages, containing information, business images, …
When designing a company profile, it is necessary to pay attention to enough necessary and attractive information. An impressive Profile will create an impression and a favorable view of the Company. Moreover, with a new business, a good profile helps you have more competitive strength. Besides, introduce your business in the most professional and impressive way.
Distinguish between Company Profile, Brochure and Catalog
Both Profile, Brochure and Catalog are important publications in business activities and brand promotion of enterprises. However, each type will have different goals and applications.
Profile mainly introduces the company, outstanding achievements, core competencies of the business. And usually for all customers, partners, shareholders, investors, …
Catalog is an introductory publication focusing on services and products, with full details and parameters. This information is usually designed in the form of a classified list. Catalog designs are often used for customers to better understand the company’s products and services.
Brochure can be used to introduce the company, services, products, or used for a specific marketing program. Specially designed Brochure towards evoking the consumption ability of customers and used specifically for a certain target customer group.
Why should you design a company profile?
It can be affirmed that Profile is a necessary publication of every business. Designing a company profile has its own characteristics and has many advantages for businesses.
- Profile brings accurate information about the company, achievements, competitive advantages, basic information about products, services, … to customers. Thanks to this as a PR tool to help customers understand the most details and fastest about the company.
- Profiles both introduce the company and help promote the brand effectively.
- Partners and customers will expect to receive documents related to the company’s capacity to evaluate your business. A company with a Profile also shows that you do business legally and reliably.
- Designing a professional and majestic company profile is a simple and effective way to increase the trust of partners and customers. From there find more customers.
- The portfolio is also an important document in the sales and marketing strategy. This is a tool to store information and promote sales to help sales departments work more efficiently.
Standard structure of a Profile template
Company profile is divided into many detailed sections. Items can change position, add or subtract depending on the creativity and business field of the business. However, basically, the standard structure when designing a company profile will be as follows:
The first cover of the company profile
The content of the cover page will have the company name, Logo. The cover is designed and the material is selected depending on the style and budget of the company. However, it is often printed with Couches material, offset in 4 colors to create solidity, strength and elegance.
Cover page 2, 3
- Company slogan, showing the development orientation, spirit and motto of the business.
- The appendix table summarizes, briefly lists the contents contained in the Profile.
- Development history: If it is a new company, this section will show the important events that made the foundation born. For a long-standing company, more important milestones are needed in the development process.
- The image shows the business field, or the image conveys the company’s message.
Page number 4
Start with a brief introduction about the Company, including fields of operation and functions. Also present long-term vision (Vision), as well as short-term goals (mission). Incorporate vivid illustrations to make content more engaging.
Pages 5, 6
Page 5 presents pictures and basic information, strengths of key members in the Company.
Page 6 will be the organization chart associated with the key players above.
Page 7, 8
Present the content with illustrations to introduce the field of activity.
Enterprises can also present an overview of their working process in this section.
Page number 9,10
Show the outstanding and key projects that the business has implemented. Or the special and important services or products that we provide. State the strengths and achievements from these projects, the process of providing these services and products.
If the company has a long history and too many projects, it is possible to list more projects and works that have been done.
State the orientations and values that the business brings to society and the community. Companies in today’s era, doing business, are targeting social activities, protecting the environment, for the community, etc. have a sustainable development strategy.
Last cover page
Presenting Logo, company information, addresses of branches, representative offices. The end cover material is the same as the opening cover.
5 Steps to make a professional company profile
Step 1: Determine the target audience Business Profile targets
Target audience The most satisfying profile must be clearly defined, which is the target customers of the business.
According to Pareto’s rule, this is the 20% group that brings 80% of the business’ revenue.
To determine the right goals, businesses need to answer the following two questions:
- Who is the target audience: Age, education level, social rank/status, representative point of view (traditional or modern, mixed)?
- Why do they need to see the profile of the business?
This will help businesses give the correct orientation and set out the categories and integrate the appropriate style in the profile.
Step 2: Determine the content to make the company profile
Businesses need to select information, arrange reasonable content to avoid having too much information in the Profile book. This does not cause goodwill with customers.
Script and content are included in the big decision to the success of the company Profile. Product content is the most important part of a business profile. Businesses need and you strive to select customer information that is easy to see and easily accessible.
Profile (Business Profile) is for customers, partners to understand more about your roots and the ideology and character of the business.
The main content in the Profile:
- Table of Contents: Help customers understand and grasp the content structure of the Profile that they hold in their hands, quickly look up the content they are most interested in.
- Business name: Full name in English, Vietnamese or both, head office, branch/representative office, factory, phone, fax, customer care email, establishment time. This section should appear as much as possible, in every header/footer in every profile page, so that customers can easily contact them when needed.
- Open letter: Open letter from the General Director/Chairman
- Development process: review important milestones, major events such as: “n” branch opening/inauguration, 500th anniversary of establishment, upgrading of modern technology, production line new, growth rate of market share/capacity/profit, etc.
- Achievements: awards, medals, certification of standards, quality, …
- Vision: future and long-term goals of the business.
- Mission: the commitment of the business to the community, to the society, the values that the business brings, contributing to creating a bright future for humanity. Absolutely in this mission section, do not mistake the words “commercial”. Because if the business only anchors on “money”, it cannot be sustainable, it must be something humane, ethical and valuable forever.
- Core values: this is an important item for businesses to show their difference compared to competitors. In this section, learn more from the CEO or Founder, learn the philosophy of survival and longevity of the business. Core values will include both strengths and principles of production and business, helping customers classify, consider, use and invest.
- Organizational structure: especially important when the profile is aimed at large investors/partners. This helps investors determine whether the business’s operating and management model is suitable for them.
- Products: If your business has many products, categorize them into groups. This makes it easy for customers to find and optimize products.
- Workflow / cooperation: this part is important for the profile of the service business, especially the consulting sector. Customers will know the next steps after signing the contract to avoid messy transactions.
- Typical customers/projects: make a company profile to let customers know which typical units the business has worked with, diverse industries and fields. Create sustainable trust with customers.
Today’s new trend, many businesses with a new mindset will omit the less effective parts such as vision, mission or even development process, organizational structure (or at least minimize them).
Their point of view is that that basic information is already available and extremely complete on the website, even if it is included in the profile, customers don’t care but also make “words”.
Therefore, businesses can consider this trend, if they like the modern style and want to focus on the most core part.
Step 3: Determine the style when making a company profile
Businesses need to decide to arrange the content in the most reasonable way, leading the style in accordance with the position of the business.
Step 4: Write the ending part of the company profile
Choose an open-ended way for your Profile to get more: Sometimes a customer statement, sometimes a meeting, and sometimes an additional contract.
When the customer finishes viewing the Profile, call for the customer to take action, express that they want to cooperate, overcome difficulties with the customer, and offer solutions to the problems the customer is having.
There are many ways to write the end of a Profile that highlights: an open-ended question, a firm statement, a prophecy of success if there is an opportunity to cooperate, …
Step 5: Basic presentation of business profile
Build a shape for your company profile book with impressive and unique designs that show the professional spirit.
In addition to complying with the brand identity (brand guide), designers must find the right image, decide on the font, color, and size. Good design turns dry content into visually responsive content.
If you don’t have a brand guide to determine the design style, layout, and main colors, gather all the company’s sales materials, find their common ground and try not to get caught up. profile gets lost in the same place.
- At the free company profile template
- Company profile template using powerpoint
- Download company profile template
- Create an online company profile
- Company profile content
- Profile of construction company pdf
- Beautiful company profile template