Have you envisioned your marketing strategy for 2022?
Here’s a great idea for you: Do collaborative marketing. Organizing your different teams has the potential to open up many new opportunities for your business.
This is very big.
Here’s how to align two of your most segregated teams: Sales and SEO.
Table of Contents
Drive Content Marketing Collaborations
All marketing is driven by content and includes SEO and sales. For both teams, content is fundamental. No content, no rankings or sales:
- Google relies on content to determine if a page is relevant to a search query and whether the page meets searcher intent. Relevance and search intent are the two main ranking signals.
- In sales, content is the single most important driver of the buyer’s journey. Content can have a direct impact on purchasing decisions, as numerous studies have confirmed. According to Forbes, more than 60% of B2B buyers say they can make a purchasing decision based solely on digital content without talking to a sales rep or going through demos.
So why is there such a big difference between SEO and sales content? Why do these two content strategies often exist separately without informing or helping each other?
“Content is king” has long been a buzzword in the marketing arena, especially in the B2B industry. However, content is just King if it allows sales .
There is often a difference between the people who produce the content and the groups of organizations trying to capitalize on it.
The resulting problem is twofold:
- Sales reps lack the right content that they can use to effectively engage leads
- SEO content creators lack sales rep insights, which would allow them to create content that addresses the real struggles of their target audience.
How to Integrate SEO and Sales
Content can be the driving force behind your organization’s silos and encourage collaboration across teams.
- Encourage the two teams to brainstorm content ideas together
- Have your sales and customer support teams keep a shareable record of the questions your actual customers are asking them. Any of these ideas can and should be content ideas for the SEO team to research on demand (search volume) and difficulty.
- Drive creativity from both teams: What they think about the opportunity to promote content. Do they have any viral content ideas?
- Let both teams explore further opportunities. For example, let your SEO team figure out ways to reuse sales enablement content for ESP purposes. Many of those sales demos can be used as publicity content that can target all kinds of long-term ranking opportunities.
Help them understand your customers better
When you work with traffic numbers all day, it’s all too easy to forget that there are real people behind those numbers.
Both the SEO and the sales team have unique access to understanding who your business’s target customers are and how to better serve them:
- The sales team talks to your current and future customers on a daily basis. They know their struggles and what they are looking to solve. Sharing this information with the SEO team will power your SEO strategy with more data that your competitors don’t have access to.
- Your SEO team knows exactly what your customers are searching for and what questions they are asking. They know the demand behind each search term, and they can report on how your competitors are targeting each search query.
Text Optimizer allows you to better understand the concepts behind any search query and makes it easier for you to find ways to meet your customers’ needs:
Share your web analytics insights
Let the SEO team share their web analytics insights: What are the effective avenues of getting those leads through the website to convert? What works best in terms of attracting your website visitors and turning them into leads?
All of that information will help your sales team focus on what works best and create their chance to lead and referral strategy .
Encourage your SEO team to create custom analytics dashboards and hold regular meetings to deliver. This will give your sales team access to web analytics data they can understand. Google Analytics is the first option that comes to mind. But also web traffic statistics solution provided by your hosting provider, as well as many Google Analytics alternatives.
Whatagraph is an easy way to create custom reports that are sent weekly and are easy to understand even for non-technical people:
You can also integrate your web analytics into your website dashboard using the sample to allow your entire company access at any time.
Open up more business opportunities
Collaboration between multiple teams can create more unexpected opportunities for you and your business. For example, giving your sales team access to your SEO data can help them identify gaps in your industry and identify your product’s unique value proposition.
You may also discover new product or service opportunities. Example: this SEO Lead Generation Tool can help you scale your services pretty easily.
Widgets like these help to integrate SEO into the sales process in the most efficient way.
The power of team collaboration is almost limitless. Collaboration SEO and Sales can give you the competitive edge your business needs. By combining numbers with real-world sales experience, you can empower both teams.
Concept Unified Communications became even more critical to business survival after COVID hit and many teams moved to work from home. Finding more ways to enable your (remote) teams to stay in touch and collaborate is more important than ever. Hopefully the ideas above will help!