You can block some IP address Accessing your website or web hosting can be useful for many reasons. Maybe someone is spamming your comments with phishing links, or you simply want to ban someone for inappropriate comments.
In this article, you will learn how to block IP addresses using IP Manager in hPanel. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Why block IP address?
There are several reasons why you should consider using IP address blocking, here are some examples:
- Bandwidth effect — Spammers and bots use up your website bandwidth. Let’s cVirtually protect your website and its visitors by blocking their activity.
- Malicious content — bots often distribute comments containing unwanted information. You get nothing with their presence other than phishing links containing viruses and malware can happen
- Hackers (hackers) — if you regularly find suspicious activity on your website, chances are you are under a hacker attack. Simply deny them access by blocking their IP address.
How to block IP addresses with hPanel
Blocking IP addresses on Hostinger takes just a few easy steps:
- Log in to your hPanel.
- Scroll down and find IP Manager in section Other.
- Enter the IP address you want to block in the column IP to deny. You can also leave a reminder to yourself about why you’re blocking the IP address with Notes. When you’re done, just tap Add.
- If everything is done correctly, you will receive a confirmation message! Repeat the steps as many times as needed.
[note] You can change this action by simply repeating the same steps on the column Allow an IP (allow IP) or clear the setting at the bottom of the page. [/note]
Now you know how to block IP addresses with hPanel in the simplest and fastest way. This is an effective way to prevent someone, a group of people or virtual bots on the network from accessing your website. Now you can protect your website from unwanted visitors. Good luck!