- About Zimbra Drive
Zimbra Drive — enterprise-wide out-of-the-box file sharing and syncing built into Zimbra, giving your users a single point of access to data
safe and secure and such data is stored on private servers to meet data sovereignty, privacy and security requirements. Feature:
- Upload, manage and edit files.
- Share files for real-time collaboration.
- Mark files as favorites for quick access.
- Add custom notes or descriptions to files.
- Fast, stable navigation.
2. Zimbra drive model
Zimbra Drive will be installed on zimbra version 8.8 or later, and the data on Zimbra Open Drive is not stored on the Zimbra server or on any other Zimbra product, nor is the data managed by Zimbra or any other entity. any combined service. Zimbra Drive will connect zimbra users with cloud storage services such as Nextcloud and ownCloud, so user data will be stored on a separate storage system.
Model to prepare: 1 centos 7 server install zimbra version 8.8 or higher + 1 centos 7 server install nextcloud version 15.0. Assume that we will additionally configure the Open Drive feature for the zimbra mail system of the domain name “kiemtienonine126.com”.
– Server centos 7 is installed Nextcloud, the installation process you can refer to the following link: https://www.bkns.vn/huong-dan-cai-dat-nextcloud-tren-centos-7.html
– In this tutorial using a specific domain name kiemtienonine126.com, we will configure Nextcloud’s httpd config file as follows:
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin firstname.lastname@example.org DocumentRoot /var/www/nextcloud ServerName kiemtienonine126.com ServerAlias www.kiemtienonine126.com <Directory /var/www/html/nextcloud> Options +FollowSymlinks AllowOverride All <IfModule mod_dav.c> Dav off </IfModule> SetEnv HOME /var/www/nextcloud SetEnv HTTP_HOME /var/www/nextcloud </Directory> ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/nextcloud-error_log CustomLog /var/log/httpd/nextcloud-access_log common
– Create Trustdomain in Nextcloud’s configuration to be accessible by domain:
Add line: 1 => ‘kiemtienonine126.com’,
– Increase the upload_max_filesize, post_max_size, memory_limit indexes in the php.ini file to increase the amount of data uploaded to the drive according to user needs.
– Access the interface of NextCloud to install the zimbradrive service pack:
- Zimbra mail server: The zimbra server is installed with zimbra version 8.8 with the specific domain name mail.kiemtienonine126.com.
Zimbra Open Drive includes 3 configuration components: Zimbra Open Drive Extension, Zimlet, Cloud App
– Install the Zimbra Open Drive Extension package in the mailboxd component, which provides authentication and indexing services for zimlets:
yum install zimbra-drive yum update
Installing Zimbra Open Drive Zimlet adds a new Open Drive tab to the user’s Zimbra interface, before the Preferences tab. With Zimlet, users can search within the linked cloud. Zimlet is contained in the package com_zextras_drive_open.zip
su - zimbra zmzimletctl deploy /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zextras_drive_open.zip
Connect to NextCloud:
su - zimbra zmprov md kiemtienonine126.com zimbraDriveOwnCloudURL 'https://kiemtienonine126.com/index.php'
4. Configure nextcloud connection to zimbra mail server:
- After entering the connection parameters, you select the Test page section to check the connection, if the results are displayed as below, the connection has been successful.
- Then access a user mail account to test the Open Drive feature.
Thus, the installation of Open Drive for zimbra has ended. Good luck !