For businesses that have begun to involve in the management of systems, personnel, and company resources, having a domain name management software is indispensable. Please read and refer to the 3 best Hosting management software below to get the right choice for your business!
Table of Contents
The difference between 3 popular hosting management software today
Hosting management software – cPanel
This is hosting management software with the popularity ranking first, although it has a high cost, it meets most of the requirements of the business.
The advantages and outstanding features of the operating system are outlined below, which will help you have a more intuitive view of this leading operating system.
- cPanel is built on the operating system, similar to Plesk, so in terms of stability and speed, it is still the top choice for Linux here.
- Have a complete and stable API system to be able to automate common functions of WHM.
- Has a pretty course and intuitive presentation UI/UX design along with complete documentation.
- The download speed is quite fast compared to other hosting management software.
- Integrated with many agency tools to help make the most of VPS/Dedicated Server resources.
- cPanel is applied the latest security technology to help keep the server safe, protect against viruses, detect rootkits.
- Allowed to lock the machine when the server is compromised along with other plugins installed.
Hosting management software – Plesk
This is a software with many advantages, suitable for large businesses, and ranks 2nd in the choice of hosting management software of businesses.
Plesk can be suitable for many platforms and operating systems, so it will be suitable for all operating systems.
With outstanding advantages, Plesk can run on many operating systems with multi-platform including Linux server and Windows server. However, the choice of Linux is still higher because it is the fastest and most stable operating system.
Besides, compared to other software, Plesk is the only software that has the function of website design, electronic invoicing and payment and Storefront SaaS interface. Therefore, it will help operators save costs, time, and human resources for management.
- Have a minimum configuration of 512MB.
- The software is constantly updating outstanding features by supporting improved SSL management, Hosters, Developers or new PHP-related functionality…
- There is SNI protocol to ensure privacy for mail service.
Hosting management software – Directadmin
This is a simple, lightweight software that meets the basic needs of businesses, not only in terms of features but also in terms of cost.
Directadmin is also highly appreciated software in terms of system as well as outstanding features.
Below is a list of the advantages and highlights for this hosting management software.
- Using the operating system on many operating systems but Linux is still the best choice.
- Integrating useful features in a simple, easy-to-use interface.
- There is a clear hierarchy of management.
- Multiple domains can be added when using intermediate DNS.
- Actively change the domain name without root like cPanel.
- Has a quick and error-free data recovery mechanism.
- Always supported with features and plugins, so you are less likely to find bugs and security holes like cPanel and Plesk.
Why do hosting management software only work on Linux operating systems?
Linux operating system is occupying most of the OS market for servers with the following advantages:
- With Linux operating quickly and stably, it should serve well for system-related jobs, with large server capacity.
- Ensure security and data safety issues.
- Manage and coordinate system resources easily.
- Supported by open source code.
- Can easily operate on weakly configured computer platforms.
- Large files are processed quickly with less resource consumption than other operating systems.
Each hosting name management software will have its own strengths and weaknesses, depending on whether the business has a large or small customer audience, as well as the level of investment possible. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully consider the factors to make a decision in accordance with the criteria of the company and enterprise.
Hopefully through this article, Eye of the storm helped you understand the advantages and outstanding features for each different software, from which you can make the right and suitable choice for your business website.